When Nelson Mandela who at the time he was saying was already a fully-fledged lawyer, said Education is the most powerful tool to change the world with, he wasn’t far from the right thing.
Since Human beings evolved, Man has always had a desire to Learn and explore. It’s for this reason that he started living in groups, then formed a family, later a society all the way to a nation. During this period, he learned that for her to progress, law and order would have to be his companion.
A special group of people emerged during the early period of the Roman Empire. These individuals were tasked with the job of making and interpreting the Law, as well as representing an accused person to court. This was the birth of Law and lawyers.
Legal Education Background
Since the onset of the 18th century, legal education has been offered at highly ranked Universities. Education was always torn between teaching a student to be a good lawyer or a shrewd one. Lawyers were always respected especially in continental Europe and it was considered a high call of duty to qualify to study for the law. Nowadays though, since most of the law clauses have its root in medieval times, people criticize the profession of either being too soft or un-realistic to day to day issues
What can you expect from studying legal education?
While you can expect to study and gain a lot at a law school, you can at least expect to be guided on:
• Familiarizing of students with the concepts of law and their institutions, as well as tune their mind to apply legal reasoning
• How laws are made, Dispute Resolution and various ways the legal profession could be regulated
• Dutifully learn how the courts work, the processes and powers of each of the courts all the way to the Supreme Court, or related organ
• Applying most of the concepts in either the political, social and economic realms of day to day life.
Technically by the time, you will be done, you will have learned tones of this and more
In case one is swamped with work, especially with long reports on some previous case, you could always ask for help with the law coursework help service https://www.theunitutor.com/law-coursework-writing-service/ available online or throughout the country.
What are the different branches in law?
Legal education covers quite a wide array of fields. Just like in any other field in education, there is always a chance for you to specialize in your particular field of interests.
The most common branch of law includes:
• Constitutional law-whereby one gets acquainted with how the different arms of the government operate within the rule of law
• The law of tort-deals especially with compensation either from governments, business or individuals
• Property law-mainly deals with any form of transactions
• Criminal law-deals with any kind of criminal cases and the punishments involved
• Company/Corporation law – the law that governs the financial actors.
You can be sure that every lawyer no matter what part of the planet he is from, is very conversant with the 5 major branches
What are some of the practices in law?
As a law practitioner, you can expect to spend your day mainly by:
• Listening and giving legal advice to interested clients
• Writing legal documents for your clients
• You could also represent your client in negotiations, especially those that involve a lot of legal frameworks
• Represent your client in court either for court proceedings, charges or lawsuits
Legal education is not quite the easiest thing you will undertake, especially when it comes to practising it, but you should be proud that your one of the few elites trusted by the society to serve them legally